The current student’s council at Coláiste Íde agus Iosef was established on 25th October 2011. The Council comprises of twelve students from First Year right through to Sixth Year. Each year group is represented by two members one Male and one Female both democratically elected by their fellow peers.
Our Student Council consists of a:
- Chairperson- Tara Finucane
- Co-Chairperson- Kevin Collins
- Secretary- James Leahy
- Co-Secretary- Stephanie Ahern
- Treasurers- Philip Daly & Jean Scannell
Molly O’ Rourke
Function of the Students Council:
- To create in collaboration with the Principal Mr Tierney, staff and fellow students a better school life for the students of our school.
- To give students the opportunity to express leadership skills whilst encouraging responsibility in students.
- To contribute to overall school development by being involved in school policy development and to be a resource working in partnership with the School Management.
- To act as a liaison where possible between the students, management and teaching staff of the school.
- To encourage and engage students to become aware as to how the school is run.
- To provide students with the opportunity to identify and express their needs in a positive constructive manner.
- To help improve the school atmosphere, conditions and facilities.
- To provide a forum to enhance student participation in the life of the school.